Saturday 11 June 2011

Saturday: criterium at Luke Harrop Circuit

The alarm stirred me at 5:45am, for the 25 minute drive to the Luke Harrop Criterium Circuit at Runaway Bay. This event is conducted every Saturday morning, starting at 7am. All 5 grades race on the circuit at the same time, which seems to work okay. The track is quite wide, and each grade keeps to the left, allowing faster grades to overtake. The course is a good one, with plenty of twists and turns, one U-turn, and a small rise over a bridge.

I raced C grade, having found D grade rather easy last week. Unfortunately my legs had no zip at all, and I struggled through the 45 minutes of our grade. By the time the "+3" laps started I could not hang on and finished well off the back.

After the event I cycled with Trevor Gammon to the Spit and back, making and solid 60km of riding altogether. He and I get on well and it was a nice way to finish the session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home