Monday 13 June 2011

Monday: Meet with more friends

I started the day with my regular run along the waterfront north past Surfers and Sheraton Mirage. For the first time I wore new Nike light weight racers, and did 7 x 500m intervals, for a total of 14km. This was obviously way too ambitious as I now have very sore calves.

Carolyne and I coffeed at Elk Espresso. Although fine and sunny, it was cool enough to have to sit inside at 8am.


At 11am we met with Connie Clement, a dear friend from Sydney, and her brother, Des, who were visiting the Gold Coast for a relative's birthday and to visit their mother, Hennie (?), who at 94 is in poor health. We spent a delightful 2 hours at Hard Coffee on Tedder Avenue in Main Beach having coffee and lunch.

In the afternoon we went for a walk along the beach south.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home