Thursday 30 June 2011

Thursday: HIGH heart-rate while running

After a good night's sleep, undertook domestic chores before heading out for a run. As usual, headed north, along coastal path and turned at the Mirage Resort. For the first time in a while I wore my heart-rate monitor while running (I have been wearing it cycling).

When Carolyne uploaded my run details from the Garmin Forerunner 305, it showed that my heart-rate had risen to alarmingly high levels as soon as I started running. My heart-rate stayed at those elevated levels for 1.7km (9 minutes) before returning to more normal levels, 112-122, over a couple of minutes. I was most concerned. The high heart-rate coincided with me running along footpaths, and returned to normal levels when I reached the waterfront at Surfers Paradise. Could the paths I was following be a factor? I will wear the heart-rate monitor while running regularly.

Carolyne and I enjoyed two short black coffees at Elk Espresso.

As for the past three Thursdays, I went to the Southport Pool for the Gold Coast Tri swim squad. I forgot to take my equipment but it did not affect the training. While swimming in the warm water I could feel the wind as cold on my arms out of the water.

This afternoon I went shopping and then to the Gold Coast Convention Centre to register for the Gold Coast half marathon on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home