Saturday 25 June 2011

Saturday: warming up

For the fourth consecutive Saturday I rose in the dark and drove north to Luke Harrop Cycle Circuit at Runaway Bay for the criterium with the Gold Coast Cycle Training Club. It was the warmest morning for a while and very pleasant for cycling.

As for last week I started with D grade. There were only three of us, starting a hundred & fifty metres behind C grade with maybe a dozen starters. As the race director waved us off for the 45 minutes plus 3 laps course, he invited us to catch up with C grade, if we wished. I immediately chased after the C graders, calling to the other two to join me. We caught up with them relatively quickly, and I stayed with the leaders for the remainder of the race. At one stage I dropped off the back and it took ¾ of a lap, and a lot of effort, to regain contact.

Trevor Gammon talked me into joining him for a post crit ride to the Spit.

Back at Broadbeach Carolyne had a bad headache and was not feeling great. We went to Elk Espresso for two coffees, sitting at a table out the front under an umbrella. It was very pleasant, wearing shorts and tee shirts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home