Tuesday 5 July 2011

Tuesday: lovely weather

I woke up still sore in the legs from Sunday's half marathon, so was happy to go for an easy cycle. After breakfast I rode south to Burleigh Heads. On the return I drafted a couple of other riders, but had no spark in the legs. I continued north, through Surfers and Main Beach, and turned at the roundabout at the Mirage Resort.

Back at Broadbeach, Carolyne and I went to Elk where we were able to get a nice table in the sun, out of the breeze. We couldn't resist having two coffees. I had to get back to the apartment to get my swimming gear for swim squad at Southport.

Roger walked to our apartment, arriving about 5:20pm. We all walked to Kurrawa Surf Club where we sat overlooking the beach. Roger and I enjoyed a couple of beers. From there we walked to O Me Ly Vietnamese restaurant on the far side of Broadbeach shopping centre.

As for our first visit here for my birthday, the food was excellent and reasonably priced. Roger generously shouted the meal. Carolyne and I shared four freshly made pork rolls, and then both had Bun Bo Hue (spicey beef noodle) for a main course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home