Friday 8 July 2011

Friday: frustratingly crook

Woke up with my throat probably even sorer than yesterday. Felt better last night and had hoped to run this morning. Feeling frustrated sitting out the beautiful weather.

Greg Mallory, an old friend from Queensland Uni, called from Kingscliff, over the border in NSW. He was attending a sports history conference.

I picked Greg up at 5:45pm, and we drove back to Kurrawa Surf Club. After 3 pleasant beers we walked across to the O-me-ly Vietnamese restaurant. Greg bought a couple of beers for us, and a bottle of red. The food was good, as usual. At about 9:30pm Jonny Thannhauser and two friends from Sydney arrived for dinner. I picked up Greg's bags from my car, still outside the club, and left them with him before continuing back to the apartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home