Monday 11 July 2011

Monday: Getting back to normal Gold Coast life

Although I was not feeling one hundred per cent when I woke this morning, I was better than for the past six days. I headed off on a run along the beach north, to the Mirage Resort. After breakfast and watching Stage 9 of the Tour de France, Carolyne and I went for two coffees each at Elk.

I took the bike in the car to Nerang velodrome to try out the criterium course. It is a terrific 1.45km course, with a 20 metre climb at the back. There is a tight turn after a further short climb, with a fast descent down the main straight. The whole course is surrounded by thick sub-tropical bush, making it a delightful setting.

After 17 laps of the crit circuit I tried a few laps of the velodrome. It has a smooth surface, and would be a good place to do some t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home